This presentation is a guide to the basics of effective infection control. It is covers areas that are extermely topical in the current situation. It gives an overview of legislation, sources of support and practical advice to share with staff and volunteers of your organisation. The presentation can be used as a stand alone or watched with other sessions on risk management.
By the end of the session you will:
- Understand the Principles & Requirements of Infection Control.
- Understand How the Chain of Infection Works
- Know the Main Types of Infection
- Understand Effective Hand washing, Principles & Practice.
- Know What is Required for Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Understand Effective Use of PPE.
- Understand the Principles of Good Food Hygiene
The presentation is aimed at managers/trustees that have to ensure that others are using best practice to control infections in the workplace when dealing with clients/members of the public and volunteers/staff to learn about infection control best practice.
All Courses: By topic, Policies, procedures, risk and quality assurance, Supporting people
Writing an operational risk assessment - Available to watch now5 Resources Free
All Courses: By topic, Policies, procedures, risk and quality assurance
Top tips: Monitoring risky areas for operations management - Available to watch now3 Resources £10.00
All Courses: By topic, Compliance, constitutions & legal
Tools for Trustees: Managing risk - Available to watch now4 Resources £20.00